Allan Myers is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team. We are seeking a candidate to oversee 2 Logistic Supervisors and 100+ CDL A Drivers in our VA Market. The Manager,Transportation Logistics provides leadership to leading staff to ensure customer requirements are achieved while meeting our Allan Myers goals and objectives.
Lead employees in a dynamic operational environment, to consistently exceed established goals, demonstrate a commitment to customers and a dedication to excellence and innovation. Develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into successful execution. Effectively manage resources to achieve operational excellence and meet or exceed the site financial operating plan. Implement and maintain an incident free safety culture at the operation.
- 10+ years related functional experience.
- 5+ years managerial or supervisory experience with DOT regulated positions required
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management, Logistics preferred
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint required
- Must have ability to connect and build rapport and relationships with associates and external customers at all levels
- Must have ability to work efficiently with time management and organizational skills with follow-up and follow through
- Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions independently
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute annual financial operating plan
- Ability to drive process improvement and lead change
- Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility for running the operation with a sense of urgency
- Strong written/oral communication including the ability to present in front of others, and demonstrate active listening skills are required
- Willingness to travel throughout the VA market as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic with seven regional offices and 15 asphalt and aggregate plants. With a workforce of more than 2,000 hard working men and women, and our own extensive fleet of vehicles and equipment, there is no job that we can not tackle. The markets we serve include: design-build, site development, transportation, water and asphalt and aggregate production. With more than 75 years of history under our belt, we are constantly growing and pushing ourselves to take on new challenges that are bigger and bolder. We are a team of hard-working men and women as strong as the structures we build. With Myers on your helmet, you'll be part of an elite team, bonded by their determination, committed to building the face of tomorrow, today.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce (Minority/Female/ Protected Veterans/Disabled).